International Students

Expenses and Financial Aid

Wesleyan and U.S. federally sponsored financial aid are available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Financial aid for international students, however, is extremely limited and is awarded on the basis of both exceptional qualifications and demonstrated need. In addition to the 11 Freeman Asian Scholars, we expect to provide financial assistance to approximately 15 international students from a pool of over 600 such applicants. We will meet the demonstrated need for all admitted students. No financial aid is available for transfer students who are not US citizens or permanent residents of the US.

Foreign students living outside the U.S. and applying for aid are required to file the Profile form of the College Scholarship Service (CSS).  If financial aid is NOT needed, foreign students must submit documentation verifying sufficient personal resources or outside scholarships to meet the expense of all four years at Wesleyan at the time of application. Please use the “International Student Certification of Finances” form. If you plan to apply for financial aid at any point during your four years of study then you must apply for financial aid at the time you apply for admission.

You may obtain the appropriate form by downloading it directly from our website or from the College Board website. You may also copy the form that you completed for another school. If you do not have access to the internet you may request the form directly from us by mail.

For detailed instructions on how to complete the International Certification of Finances form, please go here.