Representing Wesleyan at Local College Fairs
Thank you for agreeing to represent Wesleyan at a college fair near you. With your help we are able to extend our resources to reach many talented students. Please download the College Fair Tip Sheet for more details.
Preparing for the College Fair
Prior to Fair
- Refer to the updated information about Wesleyan by using the materials sent to you and visiting our main Admission page at http://www.wesleyan.edu/admission/index.html. Click on the choices in the left hand menu to review academic, student life, and application information. Review the most recent admission profile and other information about Wesleyan, and review the publications included in your mailing.
- Arrive at least thirty minutes early in order to set up your table. The attire at fairs is business casual. You will have received a table banner from our office, as well as materials to distribute at the fair.
During the Fair
- Greet each student/parent and explain that you are an alumni representative of Wesleyan. Ask them if they have any questions—some students will want very general information and others will have specific questions.
- Answer questions based on your own experiences at Wesleyan and from what you’ve read.
- Refer students back to the admission office if you don’t know an answer to a question and encourage a visit to campus. Don’t be afraid to say that you don’t know the answer! No information is better than bad information, and we can always answer their questions later.
- Ask students to fill out an inquiry card to become a part of our mailing list and so that we know they attended the fair for our records.
After the Fair
- Return the table banner, inquiry cards, and evaluation form to: Karen O’Leary, Office of Admission, 70 Wyllys Avenue, Middletown, CT 06459. Let us know your thoughts on the fair. Your evaluation will help us decide if it is worth attending the fair again.