Study Abroad in AsiaAssociated Kyoto Program
Approved Study Abroad Programs in China
- China Cooperative Language and Study Program Consortium (CIEE--Beijing or Nanjing)
Full year (Nanjing only) or Fall or spring, requires 1 year (Nanjing) or 2 years (Beijing) Mandarin plus 1 Chinese area studies course. Beijing program good for those interested in government - internships must be pre-approved. Nanjing program focuses on language and East Asian studies.
- Duke Study in China Program (Beijing and Nanjing)
Summer plus Fall, 6 credits. Requires at least 1 year of Chinese, 2 preferred. Focus is on language and Chinese culture. Moves from Beijing to Nanjing at the end of the summer.
- SUNY at Albany Exchange Program (Beijing)
Fall or spring or full year, 4 credits per semester. Requires 1 year of Chinese, preference given to full year applicants with 2 years of Chinese. Language and Asian studies.
More Info about Studying Abroad
Approved Summer Programs
Existing Approved Programs:
Duke Study in China: http://web.duke.edu/apsi/china/index.html
Princeton In Beijing: http://www.princeton.edu/~pib/
ACC in Beijing: http://www.hamilton.edu/china
Will Be Approved Programs:
IUP (Tsinghua University) (for advanced students): http://ieas.berkeley.edu/iup/
Harvard in Beijing: http://www.summer.harvard.edu/programs/abroad/beijing/
Weiyun Program in Kunming (website is not on yet) whoever is interested in going, please see Prof. Xiaomiao Zhu
- Wesleyan students interested in studying abroad should visit the Office of International Studies
- The following reference information is also available at the OIS Web site:
- Students interested in receiving major credit for study abroad work should also consult their major advisors.