Completing the Graduate Application
Be sure to complete the online application form first.
Please be sure to review all the supplemental materials needed to complete your application to our graduate program. You are responsible for prompt delivery of the supplemental materials by the deadline to our department.
Essay Information: Please describe in detail the following: 1) Your academic background, abilities, interests, and objectives; 2) What attracted you to your chosen course of study; 3) Any research experience you have had; and 4) Why you feel Wesleyan's program is suited to your academic and professional goals. Be sure to include your full name and date of birth on each page of your essay.
Our graduate deadline is March 1.
Send the following supplemental materials to the address below:
- Essay (can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- GRE scores, please note Wesleyan University's code is 3959, and the Astronomy Department's code is 0801.
- TOEFL scores; if you are an international prospective student only.
- Official transcript(s) for undergraduate and/or graduate studies
All materials should be sent to:
Department of Astronomy
Van Vleck Observatory
Middletown, CT 06459-0123
Further inquiries can be sent to:
Office of Graduate Student Services
Exley Science Center
265 Church Street, #130
Middletown, CT 06459
Cheryl-Ann Hagner, Director