WESLEYAN STUDENT ASSEMBLY (WSA)
- Provides monetary and web site support to established teams
- Teams must apply to WSA’s community outreach committee to receive official recognition
- For details and info go to: http://www.wesleyan.edu/wsa/resources/gettingstarted/
WESLEYAN DEPT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND ATHLETICS
- Provides practice and competition space and, at times, medical coverage to recognized teams
- Teams must apply to athletic director and club sports coordinator for official recognition
- Team captains meet with club sports coordinator within first two weeks of semester to establish practice and game schedules
1. Click here to open the Club Sports Policy Agreement and Waiver (pdf)
2. Save the form to your computer. Name your file with your last name-first initial-name of sport. For example: smith-j-wsoccer.
3. Open up saved document in Acrobat Reader. Go to the tool bar above the document and click the edit text button (3rd from left).
4. A menu box will appear on the right. Click the top item-add text. Move your cursor to the area on the form that you would like to type in and click.
5. After adding all text to the form save your changes. To save the completed form go to file -- save as -- pdf.
6. Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Facility space is limited. Therefore, we ask all new teams to go through an application process. Write a letter of application to the athletic director and club sports coordinator explaining why the team is needed and demonstrating the following:
1) Enough undergraduate interest to generate a complete roster that meets the sport’s requirments
2) An established and responsible leadership (team captains)
3) Interest from senior through freshman classes so team will sustain itself from year to year
4) A roster with a list of potential members and contact information
5) A list of potential intercollegiate opponents, if outside competition is planned
Once approved, teams receive probationary status with limited field access. This period generally lasts one full academic year.
Dept. Of Athletics Club Sports Coordinator - Jodi McKenna (x 2904, email@example.com)
WSA x 2401 - for a list of teams and team contact information go to www.wesleyan.edu/wsa (student group contact)