Corwin Stadium at Andrus Field - Football

Formally dedicated in 1898 and named for John Emery Andrus, class of 1862, Andrus Field has been the site of Wesleyan football since its inception in the early 1880s. Andrus Field is the oldest continuously used collegiate football field in the United States. During Homecoming of 2002, Corwin Stadium, named for distinguished alumnus and benefactor of the college, Bruce Corwin '62, formally came into existence, representing the football playing area alone. Wesleyan baseball also plays its games on Andrus Field, which is located at the center of campus and is overlooked by many of the college's oldest buildings, including North College, which houses a majority of the campus administrators; South College, where the president and University Communications office is located; the chapel; the Public Affairs Center, from which this photo was taken; and Olin Memorial Library. Also bordering Andrus Field is the University's Usdan Campus Center. 

andrusfield



View Larger Map