Medical Clearance Information for Athletes
All athletes are required to go through medical clearance
prior to participating in Wesleyan University Athletic Programs
Medical clearance for athletes consists of several steps as outlined below:
1. Demographic and Medical History Information
- The Wesleyan Athletic Injury Care department is now using the EMR Software NExTT, which is part of Vivature for demographic, insurance and medical history information for all varsity athletes.
- New Users - Register and follow steps of providing demographic information, insurance information and medical history
- Current Athletes - Verify demographic information, update insurance information and complete the medical history form
- If you would like to check out the Self Registration Video before completing your medical information please click here
- Please note: all forms that each athlete is required to bring to their medical screening are located in the medical clearance packet in step 2
- Please contact Joe Fountain with any questions or for assistance throughout this process
2. Medical Clearance Packet
Please complete all of the required forms in the medical clearance packet. Please complete all sections of the form including medical records, sickle cell, ADD/ADHD, pre-participating screening acknowledgement, insurance information, Athletic Injury Care privacy practice, assumption of risk and informed consent and injury, illness and concussions reporting acknowledgement form. After filling out the entire packet please print the document and sign where indicated. If you are under 18 a parent/guardian must sign the form. Please bring the completed form to your medical screening.
3. Report to Medical Screening
All athletes are required to go through medical clearance screening prior to participating in official team practices. All athletes should report to the Athletic Injury Care office (located in the lower level of the Freeman Athletic Center) at the assigned date and time, as scheduled below:
Football - Sunday, August 30 from 1:00-5:00 pm
Men's Soccer - Monday, August 31 at 1:00 pm
Women's Soccer - Monday, August 31 at 4:00 pm
Field Hockey - Monday, August 31 at 3:00 pm
Volleyball - Monday, August 31 at 5:00 pm
Cross Country - Tuesday, September 1 at 11:00 am
Tennis, Golf and Crew - date and time TBA
There will be a make up session held on Tuesday, September 1 at 10:00 am.
You must bring all of your completed forms from the medical clearance packet to your medical screening.
Important information about your medical screening - please review before your assigned time
- Do not work out in the 3 hours prior to your medical clearance scheduled time
- Please upload a photo of the front and back of your medical insurance card or bring a photocopy with you to the screening
- If you are unable to attend at your scheduled time please email Joe Fountain at email@example.com
Student-athletes are encouraged to complete ImPACT testing before arriving on campus. Please click here for the instructions for completing the ImPACT test remotely. Only new athletes and rising juniors are required to participate in ImPACT testing. Please read the attached information and complete the consent form. All athletes needing ImPACT baselines will receive an email with the link and access code. Baselines must be performed at a computer with a mouse. Please contact Joe Fountain at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The following is the (tentative) schedule for ImPACT testing for athletes who are unable to complete it before arriving on campus:
Football - Sunday, August 30 from 6:00-8:00 pm
Men's Soccer - Saturday, September 5 at 8:00 am
Women's Soccer, Field Hockey and Volleyball - Saturday, September 5 at 8:45 am
ImPACT Testing will be held in Room 074 in the Exley Science Center