Named for John L. Wood, who coached a variety of sports
at Wesleyan during his tenure from 1941 through 1970, including
basketball, golf, football and a two-year stint as head men's tennis
coach in 1949 and 1950, the eight primary hard-surfaced tennis courts along Vine
Street are broken up into two banks of four courts each. The
courts are used by both the men's and women's teams for practice and
matches as well as by a couple of local high schools. There is also a third bank of four courts which are stictly recreational for Wesleyan use. During the summer of 2011, the eight primary courts were resurfaced in the same blue interior/green exterior appearance as the U.S. Open facility in Flushing Meadows, N.Y.
- Indoor Courts at Bacon Field House