SUMMARY OF 2015 WESLEYAN WOMEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK SEASON
2015 Overall Record: 23-11 (Note: Overall record based on results in scored meets against like competition which have no qualifying standards)
Wesleyan Spring Meet - no team scoring - 3/21/15 at Middletown, Conn. (Note - meet held indoors)
PARTICIPATING TEAMS: Assumption, Babson, Brandeis, Colby-Sawyer, Conn. College, Emmanuel, Gordon, Hunter, Mass. Maritime, Mount Holyoke, Mt. St. Mary's, Nichols, Norwich, Roger Williams, Sage, Salve Regina, St. Joseph's (Me.), Trinity, Wesleyan
WESLEYAN'S TOP-3 FINISHERS: 100m - Idara Foster, 1st, :13.36. 60m Hurdles - Geneva Jonathan, 1st, :09.98; Leyna Donaldson, 3rd, :10.15. 400m - Hannah Goodman, 3rd, 1:03.00. 800m - Ellie Martin, 1st, 2:24.48; Melissa Luning, 2nd, 2:27.11; Ananya Subrahmanian, 3rd, 2:27.54. 1500m - Aidan Bardos, 1st, 5:02.27; Sydney Cogswell, 2nd, 5:03.01. Long Jump - Chrissy Gonzalez-Gandolfi, 2nd, 15-4. Shot Put - Orelia Jonathan, 3rd, 34-7 1/2. Pole Vault - Kiley Kennedy, 2nd, 10-0; Colleen O'Neil, 3rd, 9-0 1/4. 4x400m Relay - Nikita Rajgopal, Melissa Luning, Ananya Subrahmanian, Sarah Swenson, 1st, 4:07.16.
Link to complete women's results of Wesleyan spring meet (scroll past men's to get to women's)
Coast Guard Invitational - 2nd of 12 teams - 3/28/15 at New London, Conn.
TEAM SCORING: WPI 150.5, Wesleyan 123, Springfield 108, Coast Guard 90, Conn. College 87.5 Salve Regina 30, RIC 29.5, Babson 26, Westfield St. 25.5, Eastern Conn. 25, Roger Williams 20, UMass Dartmouth 11.
WESLEYAN'S POINT-GETTERS (TOP 8): 100m - Melissa Luning, 4th, :13.29; Tess Holland, 8th, :13.66. 200m - Sarah Swenson, 2nd, :26.68; Melissa Luning, 4th, :26.88; Ananya Subrahmanian, 6th, :27.60. 400m - Ananya Subrahmanian, 1st, :59.98; Sarah Swenson, 2nd, 1:01.07; Aidan Bardos, 3rd, 1:01.22; Aida Julien, 6th, 1:01.82. 1500m - Sylwia Lipior, 5th, 5:09.97. 5000m - Katie Scruggs, 5th, 19:14.96; Rachel Unger, 7th, 19:19.38; Eliana Zimmerman, 8th, 19:21.22. 100m Hurdles - Leyna Donaldson, 4th, :17.13; Geneva Jonathan, 6th, :17.64. 400m Hurdles - Geneva Jonathan, 1st, 1:10.83; Hannah Goodman, 4th, 1:12.76; Rebecca Winkler, 5th, 1:13.05. 3000m Steeple Chase - Christina Hebner, 1st, 11:57.59. High Jump - Alexandra Bacchus, 4th, 4-7 3/4. Long Jump - Chrissy Gonzalez-Gandolfi, 6th, 14-3. Pole Vault - Kiley Kennedy, 2nd, 10-6. 4x400m Relay - Sarah Swenson, Hannah Goodman, Aidan Bardos, Aida Julien, 1st, 4:13.65.
Link to complete women's results of Coast Guard Invitational
Silfen Invitational - 3rd of 14 teams - 4/10-11/15 at New London, Conn. (Conn. College)
Elmer Swanson Invitational - no team scoring - 4/18/15 at Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan)
TEAM SCORING: Tufts 171.5, Worcester St. 143, Wesleyan 124.5, Conn. College 75, Trinity 74, Wellesley 68, Vassar 35, Roger Williams 29, Bentley 25, Marywood 23, Emmanuel 9, POst 8, CCRI 6, Mass Maritime 4.
WESLEYAN'S POINT-GETTERS (TOP 8): 100m - Idara Foster, 3rd, :12.91. 200m - Sarah Swenson, 4th, :26.84. 400m - Ellie Martin, 1st, :58.29; Ananya Subrahmanian, 2nd, 1:00.32; Sarah Swenson, 5th, 1:01.11. 800m - Sydney Cogswell, 4th, 2:17.24; Aida Julien, 5th, 2:19.31. 5000m - Molly Schassberger, 3rd, 17:53.48; Caroline Elmendorf, 5th, 18:00.32. 100m Hurdles - Geneva Jonathan, 7th, :16.80; Leyna Donaldson, 8th, :16.91. 400m Hurdles - Geneva Jonathan, 3rd, 1:08.96; Hannah Goodman, 5th, 1:11.35; Rebecca Winkler, 7th, 1:13.40. 3000m Steeple Chase - Christina Hebner, 3rd, 11:31.74*. High Jump - Alexandra Bacchus, 5th, 4-6 1/4. Long Jump - Alexis Walker, 1st, 17-9 3/4. Triple Jump - Alexandra Bacchus, 6th, 32-10 1/2. Pole Vault - Kiley Kennedy, 1st, 10-8 3/4*; Colleen O'Neil, 8th, 8-6 1/4. Discus - Orelia Jonathan, 3rd (tied), 109-3. Hammer - Orelia Jonathan, 2nd, 133-4. 4x400m Relay - Melissa Luning, Ananya Subrahmanian, Sydney Cogswell, Aida Julien, 1st, 4:02.47. *Wesleyan record
Link to complete women's results of Silfen Invitational
PARTICIPATING TEAMS: Amherst, Sage, Salve Regina, Wesleyan.
WESLEYAN'S TOP-THREE FINISHERS: 100m
- Idara Foster, 2nd :12.58; Alexis Walker, 3rd, :13.24. 100m Hurdles
- Leyna Donaldson, 1st, :16.70. 200m
- Idara Foster, 2nd, :26.42. 400m
- Ellie Martin, 1st, :56.84; Melissa Luning, :58.07. 400m Hurdles
- Geneva Jonathan, 1st, 1:07.47; Hannah Goodman, 2nd, 1:08.05. 800m
- Nikita Rajgopal, 1st, 2:19.53. 5000m
- Morgan Findley, 3rd, 19:49.39. Hammer
- Orelia Jonathan, 1st, 133-5. Triple Jump
- Alexandra Bacchus, 2nd, 34-8 1/2. Shot Put
- Orelia Jonathan, 1st, 34-4. Pole Vault
- Colleen O'Neil, 1st, 8-11 3/4. Discus
- Orelia Jonathan, 1st, 124-9. 4x100m Relay
- Idara Foster, Alexis Walker, Ellie Martin, Melissa Luning, 1st, :48.55.Link to complete women's results of Swanson Invitational
- scroll past men to get to womenNESCAC Championships - 9th of 11 teams - 4/25/15 at Williamstown, Mass. (Williams)
TEAMS SCORING: Williams 170, Tufts 148, Middlebury 98, Bates 77, Amherst 66, Bowdoin 63, Colby 59, Trinity 55, Wesleyan 52, Conn College 28, Hamilton 3.
WESLEYAN'S POINT-GETTERS (top 8): 400m
- Ellie Martin, 1st :57.49; Meilssa Luning, 6th, 1:00.33. 5000m
- Caroline Elmendorf, 3rd, 17:58.74. 10,000m
- Molly Schassberger, 4th, 36:56.68. Pole Vault
- Kiley Kennedy, 6th, 10-6. Shot Put
- Orelia Jonathan, 7th, 34-8 1/2. Hammer Throw
- Orelia Jonathan, 5th, 140-1. Discus
- Orelia Jonathan, 4th, 114-5. 4x400m Relay
- Melissa Luning, Ananya Subrahmanian, Ellie Martin, Sarah Swenson, 2nd, 3:53.64*. 4x800m Relay
- Sydney Cogswell, Nikita Rajgopal, Aida Julien, Aidan Bardos, 6th, 9:25.50*.
*Wesleyan recordLink to complete women's results of NESCAC Championships Next event -
5/1-2 New England Division III Championships at MIT