Careers by Design
The Gordon Career Center’s innovative approach to career education encourages students to design their own careers by exploring the intersection between their interests, the skills they have and wish to acquire, and market demand.
Careers by Design is an intensive seminar that helps students explore the many influences on their career decision making, cut through the noise, and make choices that are right for them.
- “It was a very powerful and informative experience filled with lots of positive energy.”
- “Absolutely life changing.”
- “As a freshman and first generation student, it was enlightening to learn that multiple factors and influences affect my path to a satisfying and successful career. I am now able to see the process of finding internships and jobs in a whole, new, and mindful way.”
- “Thanks for making career development fun!”
Careers by Design: The Interviews
Alumni interviews available through the podcast include:
- Joshua Boger ‘73, Founder, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Andy Brandon-Gordon ‘86, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Ed Heffernan ‘84, CEO, Alliance Data
- Laura Walker ‘79, CEO, WNYC
- Bradley Whitford ‘81, Actor (The West Wing, The Cabin in the Woods, Transparent)