What Do Lawyers Do?
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Lawyers and Paralegals - Useful overview of these occupations.
- LawCareersNow.com - Check the left sidebar information pertaining to careers in law.
- LSAC/Law School Admissions Council - Go to Prospective Students > Doing Your Research and Applying to Law School
- NALP, National Association for the Legal Profession - Employment information, reports, and statistics. NALP, Law School Class of 2009 Employment and Salary Reports
- ONET - Search "Occupations" for descriptions of work in the legal field.
- WesVAULT - Log into MyCRC to access WesVault
- University of Notre Dame, Pre-Law Advising, The Legal Profession – Discusses your fit with the work of an attorney. Will you pass the legal career quiz?
PUBLIC INTEREST LAW
- PSLawNet - Useful information on options in public interest law (targeted to attorneys and law school students but useful to pre-law students). * See especially "Career Central."
BLOGS & OTHER WEBSITES
- Above the Law - Read the articles on the Career Center
The Belly of the Beast, Steven J. Harper, Adj. Professor, Northwestern University - About the legal profession.
- The Careerist, interesting information about all things law.
- US Dept. of State - Information for non-citizens who are interested in attending American law schools.