How to Apply
To apply for the certificate program, applicants must have at least a bachelor's degree, though it need not be in the arts. Applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to the field through their work with an artist or an arts organization. It is suggested that applicants have at least 1–5 years worth of experience in the field.
February 1, 2013: Application deadline (postmark)
March 15, 2013: Financial aid deadline (where applicable)
April 1, 2013: Applicant notification
April 1, 2013: Financial aid notification (where applicable)
May 15, 2013: $500 deposit due
June 17, 2013: Full tuition and fees due (additional $9,000)*
*The price of tuition and fees, including room and board during residency periods, is $9,500. Financial aid is available.
All of the items described below must be received before the ICPP can consider a candidate's application. Applications should be sent to Wesleyan's Office of Continuing Studies.
Please email email@example.com to receive notices about ICPP deadlines.
In order to apply
1. Submit the Application for Admission (available here) to the Continuing Studies office by mail to:
The Institute for Curatorial Practice in Performance (ICPP)
c/o Office of Continuing Studies
74 Wyllys Avenue
Middletown, CT 06459
Please note that some admission items may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those are noted below.
2. Submit an Admission Essay. The essay should be 3-4 pages (approximately 800-1,000 words) describing your interest in the ICPP and how participating in this academically rigorous program will further your career goals. (May be emailed to email@example.com.)
3. Provide official undergraduate transcripts. Please note that official transcripts must be sent directly to the Continuing Studies office (at the address above) by the degree-granting institution.
4. Submit a resume outlining professional experience and skills. (May be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
5. Provide two Letters of Recommendation sent directly from the person providing the recommendation to the ICPP office at the address listed above. One will most likely be a letter from a current or recent employer or someone else who can address the applicant's career goals and capabilities; one should be from a former professor or someone who can speak to the applicant's ability to perform academic work.
6. Non-refundable application fee of $55 in the form of a check made out to Wesleyan University.
7. TOEFL is required if the applicant's native language is not English.
The ICPP and Wesleyan University are pleased to offer financial aid options to help students pursue the ICPP certificate. There will be a limited number of partial tuition need-based awards available for the 2013-2014 ICPP Certificate Program. The need-based scholarships will be awarded to students who are offered admission to the Certificate Program and qualify for aid. In order to be considered for financial aid, please complete the Financial Aid Application by March 15, 2013—the Financial Aid Application is available here and will require information from the applicants 2012 tax return.
Image: Wayang Kulit (Javanese puppet play) performance in the World Music Hall, Center for the Arts, Wesleyan University