A(T)R Calendar, Spring 2008
Tuesday, January 22
- Pre-semester A(T)R held in Downey 113 "What's Great About Zotero and WesFiles?" With Kendall Hobbs and Jolee West
Thursday, January 31
- A(T)R cancelled. Please consider attending "Sustainability - Focus the Nation." The keynote address featuring Jon Dickinson, Deputy Director, New York City Office of Environmental Coordination, happens at noon in Memorial Chapel.
Monday, February 4
- Gen Ed Expectations Division III With Bill Herbst, Manju Hingorani and Mike Calter
- How Do Our Students Use Technology? With Student Presenters
Monday, February 18
- Senior Honor Theses Advising With Lori Gruen, David Schorr and Brian Stewart
Thursday, February 28
- "Clear Speaking; Clear Thinking: the Role of Public Speaking in the Learning Process" With Rebekah Maggor, Director, Program in Speaking and Learning, Derek Bok Center, Harvard University
Monday, March 3
- Blogs and Wikis With Kevin Wiliarty
Thursday, March 27
- Teaching and Testing: What Modes of Evaluation Work Best? With Steve Stemler, Daniel Long and . .
Monday, March 31
- Teaching the Seminar Course With Steve Angle and Sally Bachner
Thursday, April 10
- The FYI: What Should it Do? How Well is it Doing? With Duffy White and Laurie Nussdorfer
Monday, April 14
- Teaching Students with Hidden Disabilities. Our discussion will be led by Sarah Lazare and Noel Garrett of the Dean's office.
Thursday, April 24
- Media Database. The Media Database was developed at Wesleyan in 2000. Since then, faculty and staff have uploaded and cataloged over 23,000 image, audio and video files, and organized them in over 500 collections. Recent improvements to the database to make it easier to upload, organize and present media will be demonstrated and discussed. With Dan Schnaidt, Mary Glynn and Suzanne Javorski.
Monday, April 28
- Study Abroad and independent research