Senior Theses and Essays, 1994-2014
- Oliva Alperstein - "Politics of Memory and Erasure During and After the Reign of Domitian"
- Katherine Cohen (essay), "In the Name of the Divine Homer: Media and Mythmaking in the Work of Heinrich Schliemann"
- Alec Jolicoeur (essay), "Cannibalism on Knossos: A Response to Minoan Crisis"
- Jasper Kubasek (essay), "The Roman peculium; an institutional reaction to restrictive paternal power"
- Alexandra Ozols - "Roman Culinary Poetry: Representations of Food and Dinign in the Late Republic and Early Empire"
- Alex Ray, "Declamation and Storytelling: First Person Speech in Apuleius' Metamorphoses"
- Andrea Ruiz-Lopez: "Hellenistic or Roman? A Case Study of a Mosaic in Tel Dor, Israel, in Its Regional Context"
- Ellie Damaskos (essay), "Eros, virtue and the male homoerotic: An approach to the speeches of Phaedrus, Pausanias and Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium"
- Nathaniel Durant, "The Importance of Wind and Air in Book 6 of Lucretius' De Rerum Natura"
- Nora Hoover, "Translating a Saint: The Life of Saint Ita and the Early Irish Christianity."
- Linda Kung, "Girl, Your Wounds Are Beautiful: Beauty, Suffering, and Identity in the Ancient Greek Novel"
- Julia Mintz (essay), "Catullus' Vocabulary of Evaluation: Precise Meaning Through Poetic Context"
- Adam Peck, "The Archaeology of Pan-Hellenic Politics: Monumental Dedications at Delphi an Cycladic Political Identity"
- Cheryl Walker, "When I was a Noun." The Modern Carribean Epic. (University Sudies)
- Christina Burkot, "The Role of Ritual in Aristophanic Comedy."
- Allison House, "Dismemberment, Distraction and Disjointedness: The Metamorphoses as Anti-Epic."
- Chris Kaltsas, "Spartacus Mythistoricus: Winning Spartacus Into the Mythical."
- Kevin McKeown, "Dreams, Prophecies and Cures."
- Amanda Sweeny, "Staging Christianity: How Religion Theatricizes the Divine."
- Madeline Caldwell (essay), "Percy Jackson and the Olympians."
- Christi Richardson (essay), "The Role of Prognosis in the Hippocratic Struggle for Reputation and Legitimacy."
- Trevor Adams (essay), "The Heroic Theme: Ancient Values in Relation to Modern Society"
- Candace Buckner, "Fashioning the Desert"
- Thea DeArmond, "The Menelaion"
- Stephanie Leung (essay), "Camilla and Dido: Roman Identity and Female Sexuality"
- Thomas Van DenBurgh, Pressule: The Egyptian Ass; or the Incest Motif in Apuleius' The Golden Ass"
- Frederick Zenker, "The Rural Basis of the Ancient Greek City"
- Frances Jones--"Tirocinium Imperii: Public School Education in the Victorian Era," the Classical Curriculum, and the British Imperial Ethos.
- Joanna Kenty--"Tyrants and Tyranny in the Late Roman Republic"
- Sara Maeder--"The Purest and the Loveliest of Mirrors," the Translation of Greek Myth to Film.
- Heather Teixeira--"Poetry, Politics, Persuasion: The Rhetoric of Demosthenes and George W. Bush"
- Jordana Wolfe--"Seeds of Knowledge: Palaeoethnobotany in the Classical World"
- Sabrina Parez (Essay)--"Issues in Latin Pedagogy"
- Cory Savereid (Essay)--"Under the Influence: How Republican Rome Viewed the Greeks"
- Tess Amodeo Vickery--"When in Rome"
- Deborah Schwartz--"'If You Are a Man': Gender Rhetoric in Roman Historiography
- Burke Giordano--"Ovidian Irony and Augustan Propaganda"
- Dan Matzkin--"Sight and Foresight: Blindness in Classical Antiquity"
- Elizabeth Burnside--"The Myth of Theseus: The Creation of a Hero"
- Leland Smith--"Homeric Intertextuality in Ovid's Heroides"
- Dina Guth -- Lyric and the Lyre" Ancient Greek Rhythmic Theory from Antiquity to Byzantium"
- Adriel Gerard -- "The History and Culture of The Scythians"
- Molly Greenwood -- "Spelt from Sibyl's Leaves: Perceptions of the Sibyl's Voice from Classical Antiquity to the Renaissance"
- Caroline Richardson -- "Poor Man's Crystal: Utilitarian Glass of the Common Roman, ca. 50 B.C.-A.D. 450"
- Laurie Shaner -- "Making Sense of Madness: An Analysis of Madness in Fifth-Century B.C. History, Myth, and Religion"
- Nate Andrade -- "The Devil is a Gentleman: Clerics and Ascetics in Late Antiquity"
- Jessica Clark -- "The Gallo-Roman Sanctuary Site of Champlieu (Oise) and the 'Romanization' of Gallia Belgica"
- Andrew Goldstein -- "The Foliate Lyre: The Use of the Countryside in Horace's Odes"
- Anthony Pacchia -- "A Reconsideration of Libertine Gnosticism"
- Mercedes Barletta -- "The Rising Son: Neoptolemus, Telemachus and Orestes in Ancient Greek Literature and Art"
- Laura Elliott -- "Corpora Feminarum: Monstruosa at Miracula"
- Sara J. Hise -- "Humanitas: Foundations of Humanity in the Stoic Writings of Seneca and Marcus Aurelius"
- Christopher Churchill - "The Vocabulary of Revolution: Rebellion, Accession and the Coins of 68-69 AD"
- Jesse Kercheval - "A Multimedia Review of Vergil's First Eclogue"
- Joseph Meyer - "Mithraism, Religious Prominence and Structural Differentiation in the Roman World"
- Sarah Rosenberg - "The Choicest Gift of the Gods: Pantomime and the Early Roman Empire"
- Joanna Smith - "The Archaeology of Herodotus"
- Steven Staats - "Nature and Anxiety: Epicurean Ethics in Lucretius' De Rerum Natura"
- Sarah Wilkes - "Common Ideological Tendencies in General-Audience Greek Historiography"
- Claudia Makadon - "Feminae Libidinosae et Castae: Representations of Women in Ancient Rome"
- Kristopher Fletcher - "Diomedes, Son of Tydeus: In the Shadow of Achilles"
- Nancy Shane - "Carmina Comica"
- Mary Elizabeth Williamson - "Strategies of Consolation: An Interpretation of the Correspondence of Heloise and Abelard"
- Joshua Arthurs - "Civis Romanus Sum: Italian Fascism and Roman Antiquity"
- Joshua Borenstein - "Living on the Boundaries: Hybrid Creatures in Greek Myth and Art"
- Bret Mulligan - "Roma Aeterna/Roma Christiana: The Transformation of Ideological Rome in Late Antiquity"
- Brendan O'Toole - "Tellos: A Year in Athens"
- Lindsay Nichols - "Women in the Comic World of Menander and in Ancient Athens"
- Charles Vance - "Cavere, Agere, Respondere: The Role of the Roman Jurists in the Development of Law from Q. Mucius Scaevola to Hadrian"
- Matt Edes-Pierotti - "A Few Good Men: Military Elites in Ancient Greece"
- Lisa Hastings - "The Rape of Lucretia: Evolution of a Legend Through Literature"
- Curtis Nelson - "Inspiration, Identity, and the Idea of Order: The Homeric Poems as a Cultural System"
- Molly Swetnam-Burland - "Personal, Factional, and State Propaganda on Roman Coinage: The Republic to Augustus"
- Halina Anne Bennet - "Women in Etruscan Aristocratic Society"
- Angus E. Goldberg - "Uncertain Ideals: Cognitive Dissonance in Athenian History"
- Sean P. Mazer - "Homeric and Historical Communities"