- Perseus The premier site
for all things Greek and, to a lesser extent, Roman. Mirror site at
- Diotima The premier site for the study of women and gender in ancient Greece and Rome. Bibliographies, images, Anthology of translated texts and more.
- Stoa A consortium for electronic publication in the Humanities, including most notably: Suda-On-Line English translation of the Suda, a 10th century Byzantine historical encyclopedia. Demos: Classical Athenian Democracy; a practical description of how the various institutions of Athenian democracy actually worked. Metis Bruce Hartzler's collection of interactive QTVR panoramas for ancient Greek archaeological sites. And Medicina Antiqua A resource for the study of medicine in the Greek and Roman world.
- Wesleyan Classical Studies Greek Resources Illustrated Summary of the Iliad; Principal Parts Drill; Third Declension Review; Writing Guide for the ancient Greek alphabet; Homer and the Heroic Tradition; Life of Thucydides; and much more.
- Resources on Ancient Greek from UC Berkeley Pronunciation Guide; Accentuation Drills; Vocabulary Drills; and much more.
- Ancient Greek Grammar
on the Web; comprehensive and rated survey of available materials by
Marc Huys, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium; includes page on Greek Fonts.
- What happened when? The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Timeline of Art History.
- Pinax Online An Annotated List of Web Bibliographies on the Ancient Greek World by Marc Huys, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium.
- Resources on Ancient Greek Myth from UC Berkeley; also excellent collection of links organized by topic.
- Resources on Ancient Greek Religion from UC Berkeley; also excellent collection of links organized by topic.
- Hellenic History
on the Internet from the Stone Age through the Modern Period from The
Foundation of the Hellenic World (FHW), a non-profit cultural
institution based in Athens, Greece.
- Hellenic Culture Website of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture, with sites on all of the Museums, Monuments and Archaeological Sites of Greece.
- Athenian Agora Excavations Comprehensive survey of the excavations directed by the American School of Classical Studies.
- Prehistoric Archaeology of the Aegean Jeremy B. Rutter's lectures and illustrations. Dartmouth University.
- Interactive Dig: the Anglo-American Project in Pompeii hosted by Archaeology Magazine
- Forum Romanum Texts, translations, articles, and other pedagogical resources, including Corpus Scriptorum Latinorum.
- VRoma Online scholarly
community of teachers and students who share an interest in the ancient
Roman world; images, texts, history and many other resources.
- For a complete index of all the published volumes of the ANRW (Aufstieg und Niedergang der römischen Welt).
- GNOMON online
for recent journal articles and book in the Classics. Type general
search term under "Alle Felder" (All Fields) or specific "Autor"
(Author) and hit "Suche Starten" (Start search)."
- Ancient World Mapping Center at the University of North Carolina. Cartographic resources, including a collection of free digital maps for educational use.
- The first two chapters of Homosexuality in Greece and Rome:
A Sourcebook of Basic Documents, edited by Thomas K. Hubbard
(University of California Press, 2003); invaluable collection of texts
- Ancient Scripts Nice site by an amateur enthusiast. Check out Linear B!
- Bryn Mawr Classical Review Reviews of new and recently published works in all fields of Classical Studies.
- Want more? In addition to Language, Literature, Archaeology
and History, the unique and comprehensive field of Classical Studies
includes the study of ancient writings on