Setting up a Turningpoint
- Download the Clicker list from the Course
Management Section of your Faculty Portfolio.
- Open the file in Excel and,
- Sort the file by ClickerID
and delete all rows with no clickerID value
(the system treats these as duplicates, so they must be removed)
- Use FileàSave
As… to save the file as an Excel (xls) file.
- In Turningpoint, from the
Participants drop-down menu, choose Participant List Wizard.
- Name your participant list (e.g.,
courseid_Sept102007), then click Next
- Select “Custom Template, then click Next
- Give your template a name, then click OK
- Using the right, left and up and down arrows, move
the following fields from the left box to the right, and order them, top
to bottom as shown here:
- Click Next, then Next again (unless you’re using
- Click Finish.
- In the Participant Information window, select
Excel/Delimited Text File from the Import menu
- Browse your system to find the downloaded and
sorted clicker list. It will load in a window.
- Select “2” for Starting Row.
- Click the Import button
- Your imported list should look something like this.
- Click Done.
- Now, in the TurningPoint
menu, select this new list from the Participants drop-down menu:
- Be sure to reset
your session before starting your presentation.