Prepare to Apply
First-year students interested in the College of Letters are advised:
(1) to take the language placement test and enroll in appropriate language classes during their first year,
(2) to elect courses from the First-Year Initiative in the humanities program, or in history, philosophy, or literature.
Requirements to enter the College of Letters:
(1) apply to the program in March of your first year at Wesleyan,
(2) have completed the requisite amount of work in your target language so that you can take the following course at the latest during the fall of your sophomore year:
French FREN215, Hebrew HEBR202, Italian ITAL111 (preferably 221), German GRST211 or 214, Russian RUSS202, Spanish SPAN112 (preferably 221), Latin 202 or Greek 202.
If you haven't taken a language course at Wesleyan, make sure to take the language placement test in your target language in your portfolio, (contact Sergei Bunaev <sbunaev_at_wesleyan.edu> in the Languages Resource Center in FISK Hall if you have questions about the language placement test).
Apply to the COL(1) Join COL faculty and COL majors at one of the two Open House sessions in early March in the COL library. This is a good time for you to become acquainted with our major, faculty, and current majors and ask them any questions you might have about COL.
(2) Go to our Application section by clicking here. It's that easy!