Major Maintenance FY2010
272 - 278 Court Street Apartments
Exterior Painting / Carpentry Repairs
Work Schedule: May 26 - August 14, 2009
Project Manager: Roseann Sillasen
Phone: 860-685-3476 / 860-918-3605 (cell)
June 16, 2009 Update
The painting is coming along a little slower than we would like due to the inclement weather. The west elevation is in the final phase of completion. We had anticipated that work on the north elevation would not begin until late next week but were informed this afternoon that they anticipate starting on the east end of the north elevation (parking lot side of the building) either Wednesday morning (if sufficient manpower is available) or Friday, weather permitting. Access will be required to apartments located in 274 and 276.
Prior to starting the work, Spiro from Sifco, Inc. (he is the one who you see on the scissor lift) will begin removal of the storm windows and screens and any air conditioners on the north elevation prior to the start of work. This removal will not start before 8:30 am. The storms and screens will remain in your apartment. Apartments 274-103 and 274-203 will also have plastic taped to the inside of the windows on the north elevation per EPA guidelines to protect children under 6 from lead dust.
The windows will be scraped, reglazed, primed and painted. All first floor apartments will have a storm window reinstalled at the end of each day to maintain security on the lower level. The upper floor storms and screens and air conditioners will be reinstalled at the completion of painting of the windows. The contractor will make every attempt to keep inconveniences to a minimum.
In approximately one month, the contractor will be staged in the interior courtyard of the building. I will send you and update as this time approaches.
Thank you for your support. Also, if you will be away, please drop me a note. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions/concerns at x3476 or 860-918-3605.
June 8, 2009 Update
Work continues on the west elevation of the building this week. Spiro and his team are in the process of caulking the glass and applying the prime coat to the windows. Next week they will commence with the north elevation (back) of the building. Access to apartments in 276 and 274 will be required beginning the week of June 15. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at x3476 or 860-918-3605. Thank you, Roseann
May 29, 2009
I wanted to touch base with all of you and provide a forecasted schedule of the work. Due to the current rainy weather, the contractor was unable to start the work on 5/26/09 as hoped.
June 1, 2009:
– Sifco, Inc. has been hired to perform the work. Spiro is the site supervisor. He will be on site daily.
– Two lifts will be delivered to the site early Monday morning.
– Unfortunately, the parking area behind the building and the driveway will not be accessible beginning Monday morning, June 1, 2009.
– Parking has been made available behind 279 Court Street, 285 Court Street and Fisk Hall in addition to any on street parking. Please begin parking in these areas Sunday night, May 31, 2009. I apologize for this inconvenience.
– The contractors will begin mobilization of materials and equipment.
– Noisy work will not begin until 8:30 am.
– Work will commence on the west and north elevations of the building blocking the driveway and the parking area against the building.
– Preparation of the exterior of the window will begin.
– This will require removal of the screens, storms and air conditioners as each apartment is addressed.
– The building was built prior to 1970 and all paint contains lead.
– Removal of the old and flaking paint is performed using the wet method to eliminate lead dust.
– Plastic is placed on the ground below to catch the lead paint chips.
– Paint chips are removed from the window sills.
– Please let me know if you have children under the age of 15 staying with you so additional precautions may be taken.
June 1 – July 31, 2009:
– All windows will be scraped, old glazing will be removed, new glazing will be applied, carpentry work will be addressed and the windows will be painted.
– This will require access to each apartment dependent to the side of the building they are working on to remove screens, storms, and air conditioners.
– Screens and storms will be reinstalled on a daily basis on any apartment located on the ground level.
– Please notify me directly if there are specific dates that the contractor will be unable to enter your apartment.
– You will be pre-notified prior to the contractor entering your apartment.
– Please provide a phone number where you can be reached if I am unable to reach you by email.
– Please provide contact information if you are subletting your apartment.
– All of the paintable surfaces on the exterior of the building will be prepped and painted.
– The exterior entry door to 276 will be replaced.
– All of the fluted columns at each entry will be replaced.
– Carpentry work will be performed to the sunbursts on the east elevation of the building.
August 1 – August 14, 2009:
– Punch list items will be addressed.