Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
Junior Colloquium: Culture and Violence in the Progressive Era
AMST 203 SP
An interdisciplinary study of politics and literature in the Progressive Era, centering on concepts of power, violence, race and class.
Works by Theodore Roosevelt, Wm. G. Sumner, C. P. Gilman, Ida Wells, DuBois, Cahan, Wister, Jack London, I. Donnelly, T. Dixon, and others.
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
10 page mid-term paper, oral presentations; final research paper.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
[AMST200 or LAST200]
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Slotkin,Richard S.
- Times: .M.W... 01:10PM-02:30PM; Location: FISK210;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 20)
- SR. major: 10 Jr. major: 10
- SR. non-major: X Jr. non-major: X SO: X FR: X
- Curricular Renewal: Writing
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459