Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
The Gothic Cathedral
ARHA 216 SP
Beginning with a basis in the monuments of the Romanesque period, this course will study the evolution of the Gothic religious and secular buildings. While primary emphasis will be on the development of architectural
in relation to function and meaning, consideration will also be given to developments in the figurative arts.
Nicola Coldstream, GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE
M. Camille, THE GOTHIC IMAGE
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
One or two short papers; one longer paper (10-12 pages), midterm and final.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Maines,Clark
- Times: .M.W... 11:00AM-12:20PM; Location: DAC100;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 40)
- SR. major: 10 Jr. major: 10
- SR. non-major: 5 Jr. non-major: 5 SO: 5 FR: 5
- Curricular Renewal: Reading Non-Verbal Texts, Writing
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459