Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
Javanese Dance I
DANC 251 SP
This course may be repeated for credit.
Instruction in the classical dance of Central Java will begin with the basic movement vocabulary and proceed to the study of dance repertoires. At the end of the semester, an informal recital will be arranged with the
of live gamelan music. Emphasis is on the female style.
Brakel-Papenhuyzen, Clara, CLASSICAL JAVANESE DANCE
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Listening assignments and performance in the "Worlds of Dance Concert."
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS and/or COMMENTS
Regular registration or go to the first class. Professor Urip Sri Maeny may accept additional students, if there is space available.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Maeny,Urip Sri
- Times: .M.W... 04:30PM-06:00PM; Location: TST001;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 16)
- SR. major: 2 Jr. major: 2
- SR. non-major: 2 Jr. non-major: 4 SO: 4 FR: 2
- Curricular Renewal: Reading Non-Verbal Texts, Writing, Focused Inquiry Course
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459