Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
West African Dance I
DANC 260 FA
This course may be repeated for credit.
An introduction through dancing, lecture, reading and video of a variety of West African traditional dances. Students will learn religious, recreational, ceremonial and warrior dance choreographies.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS and/or COMMENTS
Students will perform in the "West African Drumming and Dance Concert" at the end of the semester. Please do not contact the instructor or the department. Regular registration on-line. Professor Mensah will accept
students from the enrollment request
list as space permits. Please come to the first class ready to move.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Mensah,Helen
- Times: .M.W... 06:30PM-08:30PM; Location: TST001;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 36)
- SR. major: 4 Jr. major: 4
- SR. non-major: 6 Jr. non-major: 7 SO: 8 FR: 7
- Curricular Renewal: Reading Non-Verbal Texts, Writing, Focused Inquiry Course
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459