Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
West African Dance I
DANC 260 SP
This course may be repeated for credit.
An introduction through dancing, lecture, reading and video of a variety of West African traditional dances. Students will learn religious, recreational, ceremonial and warrior dance choreographies.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS and/or COMMENTS
Regular registration. If class is full please add your name to the enrollment request. Do not contact instructor. Students will perform in the West African Drumming and Dance Concert at the end of the semester.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Mensah,Helen
- Times: .M.W... 06:30PM-08:30PM; Location: TST001;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 30)
- SR. major: 4 Jr. major: 4
- SR. non-major: 4 Jr. non-major: 4 SO: 7 FR: 7
- Curricular Renewal: Reading Non-Verbal Texts, Focused Inquiry Course
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459