Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
Politics in Japan
GOVT 296 FA
This course is an introductory course in politics in Japan. It begins with an overview of the Japanese political system: its historical origins, instiutional structures, and main actors. The course then moves on to
specific policy areas: industrial and financial policy, labor and social policy, and foreign policy. The course culminates in student research projects presented in an academic conference format of themed panels.
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Take home midterm, final research paper, and an oral presentation.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Haddad,Mary Alice
- Times: .M.W... 02:40PM-04:00PM; Location: SCIE58;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 25)
- SR. major: 8 Jr. major: 8
- SR. non-major: 2 Jr. non-major: 2 SO: 5 FR: X
- Curricular Renewal: Speaking, Writing
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459