Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
Abstract Algebra: Groups, Rings and Fields
MATH 261 FA
An introduction to abstract algebra: groups, rings, fields. Development of fundamental properties of those algebraic structures that are important throughout mathematics.
Rotman, Joseph J., A FIRST COURSE IN ABSTRACT ALGEBRA, 2nd edition
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
One or two tests, weekly problem sets, a final.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS and/or COMMENTS
Students should already have taken MATH221 or MATH223.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Wood,Carol S.
- Times: .M.W.F. 11:00AM-11:50AM; Location: SCIE638;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 30)
- SR. major: 0 Jr. major: 0
- SR. non-major: 10 Jr. non-major: 10 SO: 8 FR: 2
- Curricular Renewal: Quantitative Reasoning
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459