Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
20th-Century Compositional Techniques
MUSC 203 SP
Students will write short pieces in various 20th-century styles, using atonal, polytonal, model, serial, minimal, repetitive and chance techniques.
Selected scores of representative composers from TWENTIETH CENTURY SCORES, Prentice Hall, will be studied and used as models.
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Several brief compositions, each in a contrasting style will be assigned.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS and/or COMMENTS
This is a Service Learning Course.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Bruce,Neely
- Times: ..T.R.. 09:00AM-10:20AM; Location: MST301;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 15)
- SR. major: 3 Jr. major: 6
- SR. non-major: 3 Jr. non-major: 3 SO: X FR: X
- Curricular Renewal: Reading Non-Verbal Texts
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459