Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
Composing, Performing, and Listening to Experimental Music
MUSC 220 SP
Course work will be divided evenly between the analysis and (where possible) the performance of works by composers such as John Cage, Christian Wolff, and Steve Reich; the realization of electronic pieces by David Tudor
and others; and the creation of new pieces by class members. Frequent informal concerts will be given.
Selected scores, tapes and records.
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Gen Ed Area Dept:
MUSC103 OR MUSC109
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Kuivila,Ronald J.
- Times: .M.W... 02:40PM-04:00PM; Location: AWKS112;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 15)
- SR. major: 2 Jr. major: 5
- SR. non-major: 2 Jr. non-major: 3 SO: 3 FR: 0
- Curricular Renewal: Quantitative Reasoning, Focused Inquiry Course
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459