Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
Music of the 20th Century
MUSC 244 SP
This course will investigate the music of major composers (Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Ives, Cage et al) and major trends (serialism, neoclassicsism, minnimalism, etc.) from approximately 1901 to 2000.
E. Salzman, MUSIC OF THE 20TH CENTURY
EXAMINATIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Two quizzes, one extended paper, frequent short papers (reviews, analyses, etc.) and a final exam.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Instructor(s): Bruce,Neely
- Times: ..T.R.. 02:40PM-04:00PM; Location: MST301;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 18)
- SR. major: 5 Jr. major: 5
- SR. non-major: 2 Jr. non-major: 2 SO: 2 FR: 2
- Curricular Renewal: Reading Non-Verbal Texts, Writing, Focused Inquiry Course
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459