Wesleyan Home Page
WesMaps Home Page
Course Search by CID
Academic Year 2005/2006
Statistics: An Activity-Based Approach
PSYC 200 SP
This course will introduce the concepts and methods used in the analysis of quantitative data in the behavioral and life sciences. The approach will emphasize activity-based learning. Lectures will be used for the
presentation and wrap-up of topics, but most class time will be devoted to activities in which students perform, present and discuss analyses. The topics covered will include descriptive statistics, sampling
estimation, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance, and regression.
All sections of this course will satisfy the statistics requirement for the Psychology major and the methodological requirement for the
& Behavior major.
Gen Ed Area Dept:
Links to Web Resources For This Course.
- Major Readings
- A textbook will be assigned.
- Examinations and Assignments
- Short weekly assignments, two in-class tests, and comprehensive final.
- Additional Requirements and/or Comments
- Students who are considering Psychology or Neuroscience & Behavior majors must take this course graded.
- Instructor(s): Patalano,Andrea L.
- Times: ..T.R.. 10:30AM-11:50AM; Location: SCIE74;
- Reserved Seats: (Total Limit: 20)
- SR. major: 5 Jr. major: 10
- SR. non-major: 0 Jr. non-major: 0 SO: 5 FR: X
- Curricular Renewal: Quantitative Reasoning, Focused Inquiry Course
Last Updated on MAR-30-2006
to submit comments or suggestions. Please include a url, course title, faculty name or other page reference in your email
Copyright Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, 06459