An Invitation from the Students in the College of Social Studies
What are you looking for in your college education?
If you came to Wesleyan to:
- participate in small classes,
- enjoy close interaction with other students and faculty,
- develop your writing skills, and
- learn how to think critically,
Then you should consider the CSS
- Our tutorials are between 6 and 10 students, and the rest of our classes are no more than 30.
- During the sophomore year, we write weekly, ungraded papers, which receive extensive comments from both a teacher and a T.A.
- Our program emphasizes independent work on the part of the students, focusing on developing our own original, critical perspectives.
- We play an active role in all aspects of the CSS major, including designing the curriculum, advising admissions, and organizing social events.
- The structure of the program facilitates close relationships among students and between students and faculty. We work with faculty on an individual or small group basis, in and out of class, and over the three years we are in the program.
- Our formal social activities, often combined with lectures of seminar discussions, include lunches every Monday, with a variety of speakers, Fall and Spring Banquets, Friday Social Hours, a winter Holiday Party, and a Spring Picnic. What's best, faculty participate in the social activities of the College.
- Well over half of us study abroad in fall of junior year, all over the world.
- We are involved in the Wesleyan community: CSSers have been active participants in the SJB, the WSA, the Honors Board, ResLife, ITS, and community service programs. They write for the Hermes, The Wesleyan Argus, the Diplomat, and Hangman's Lime, sing in the Spirits, participate in sports, play in the orchestra, choreograph dances, and DJ at WESU.
It's More Than A Major
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com or (860) 685.2240.
Click here for more information on The CSS Application for Admission for the Class of 2020 which will be available beginning Thursday, February 2nd through Friday, February 10th, 2017.
Application Submissions are due Friday, February 10th at 2:00 p.m.