Top Ten Reasons to be an E&ES Major:
1. Once you understand how planets work, you just might change one for the better.
2. Friendly and supportive colleagues and knowledgeable faculty advisors, who answer on a first-name basis.
3. Summer research programs and funding, to support your educational goals.
4. Field work and sample collection in CT and around the world.
5. Training and support on a wide variety of instruments and laboratory procedures to assist you with your experiments.
6. Graduate students who are there to help when you have questions.
8. Great colloquia with guest speakers from both industry and academia, to broaden the conversations and begin your network for future career opportunities.
9. An emphasis on writing and public speaking that employers often require.
10. Fun! We love what we do and it is contagious.