MASTER OF ARTS IN EARTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences offers a program leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Earth and Environmental Science. This program is designed for students who desire further training prior to initiation of a doctoral program at another university or for whom the master’s degree will be the terminal degree. Graduate students are offered a unique opportunity for accelerated and personal instruction in a small department setting, with strengths in Geology, Volcanology, Ocean Sciences, Planetary Science, and Environmental Science. Most projects include significant field work in New England and Long Island Sound. All admitted students are offered a full tuition waiver, stipend and benefits.
The admissions committee begins reviewing applications in January. Applications received by February 15 will be given the highest consideration. There is no application fee.
Your application for admission to the E&ES Graduate Program at Wesleyan University must be initiated with this online admissions application. In order for your application to be considered complete, you must also upload the following additional supporting information:
- Official transcripts for undergraduate and any graduate studies.
- Three recommendation letters from the persons listed on the online form. An automatic email message will be sent to your recommenders based on the information entered in the online application.
- Your essay. Please describe the following: 1) your academic background, abilities, interests, and objectives; 2) what attracted you to your chosen course of study; 3) any research experience you have had; and 4) why you feel Wesleyan’s program is suited to your academic and professional goals. You may choose to upload your essay before submitting your online application, or you may send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores. For GRE score reporting: Wesleyan University’s institution code is 3959. The department code is 0502.
- TOEFL scores, if you are an international prospective student.
Each applicant will have an account and checklist where you can see whether or not the supplementary materials have been received.
Click here: Go to the Online Application.
For more information about graduate studies at Wesleyan contact the Office of Graduate Student Services. For questions about E&ES, please contact Ginny Harris at 860-685-2244.