MASTER OF ARTS IN EARTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences offers a program leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Earth and Environmental Science. This program is designed for students who desire further training prior to initiation of a doctoral program at another university or for whom the master’s degree will be the terminal degree. Graduate students are offered a unique opportunity for accelerated and personal instruction in a small department setting, with strengths in Geology, Volcanology, Ocean Sciences, Planetary Science, and Environmental Science. Most projects include significant field work in New England and Long Island Sound. All admitted students are offered a full tuition waiver, stipend and benefits.
The admissions committee begins reviewing applications in January. Applications received by February 15 will be given the highest consideration. There is no application fee.
Your application for admission to the E&ES Graduate Program at Wesleyan University must be initiated with this online admissions application. In order for your application to be considered complete, we must also receive the following additional supporting information:
- Official transcripts for undergraduate and any graduate studies.
- Three recommendation letters from the persons listed on the online form. An automatic email message will be sent to your recommenders based on the information entered in the online application.
- Your essay. Please describe the following: 1) your academic background, abilities, interests, and objectives; 2) what attracted you to your chosen course of study; 3) any research experience you have had; and 4) why you feel Wesleyan’s program is suited to your academic and professional goals. You may choose to upload your essay before submitting your online application, or you may send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores. For GRE score reporting: Wesleyan University’s institution code is 3959. The department code is 0502.
- TOEFL scores, if you are an international prospective student.
You are responsible for arranging that these
materials to be sent to:
Earth & Environmental Sciences Dept.
265 Church Street, Rm. 455
Middletown, CT 06459
INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE ONLINE GRADUATE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
It is estimated that it will take approximately 25-30 minutes to complete the online admissions application. It is recommended that applicants download the PDF of the admissions application and review all the information needed before you are ready to complete the online application. To save time, be sure to have the following materials available to complete the online application.
- Program/department of interest and fields of interest
- Prior education (schools, universities, colleges and their addresses; dates of attendance; degrees)
- GRE and other appropriate test scores
- Recommenders' names, titles, and addresses
- Work experience
When you are ready to complete the on-line admissions application, be sure to fill in all necessary information as you move to different screens. When you come to the end of the online application, you will have an opportunity to review all of your answers before you submit.
If all is correct, please be sure to click the button. Once you have submitted the application online, you will receive an acknowledgement email with further instructions.
Please note your admissions application is not complete until you mail the supplemental materials listed at the top of this page to the E&ES department. Please visit the department's website for more information on supplemental materials.
Click here: Go to the Online Application.
For more information about graduate studies at Wesleyan contact the Office of Graduate Student Services.