Financial Aid Application 2017-18
First Time Student - International
Applying As: Deadline: Checklist:
Early Decision I November 15th
Early Decision II January 15th
Regular Decision February 15th
FREEMAN ASIAN SCHOLARS PROGRAM
For students from the following countries and regions; the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam, your application for financial aid must begin with an application for the Freeman Asian Scholars Program. The Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship Program provides expenses (tuition and fees only) for a four-year course of study toward a bachelor’s degree for up to eleven exceptionally able Asian students each year. For more information regarding the Freeman application process, please visit: http://www.wesleyan.edu/admission/freeman/index.html.
If you are in need of financial aid above and beyond the cost of tuition covered by the Freeman Asian scholarship, you will also need to complete the steps below.
Financial aid for international students is extremely limited and is awarded on the basis of demonstrated need. Wesleyan expects to provide financial assistance to approximately 15 international students from a pool of over 400 such applicants. No financial aid is available for transfer students who are not US citizens or eligible non-citizens. As a foreign student, in order to recieve financial aid during your years at Wesleyan, you MUST apply for financial aid and be eligible at the time that you apply for admission.
- 1. COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP SERVICE (CSS) PROFILE 2017-18
Submit electronically: https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile
Wesleyan's code number is 3959
- Electronic processing takes approximately 3-5 business days. Be sure to submit in a timely manner so that you do not miss the deadline.
- In the case of divorced or separated parents, the CSS Profile should be completed by the custodial parent. Please see item #3 in regards to the noncustodial parent.
- You will receive a CSS acknowledgement form once your application has been processed.
- Application corrections should be made on this form and submitted directly to Wesleyan. In lieu of the limited space available in the Profile explanation box, applicants are encouraged to submit dollar-specific details relative to any special circumstances.
- 2. NONCUSTODIAL (NCP) PROFILE 2017-18 if applicable
Submit Noncustodial Profile electronically: https://ncprofile.collegeboard.com
Wesleyan's code number is 3959
- In the case of divorced or separated parents, a PROFILE is required of both parents.
- Please note that the Noncustodial Profile cannot be completed prior to the start of the CSS Profile. The students’ CSS ID number and password created during the submission of the CSS Profile are required to access and link the Noncustodial Profile with the student.
- 3. ANNUAL INCOME VERIFICATON WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION
Submit to Wesleyan: Wesleyan Financial Aid Office, 237 High Street, Middletown, CT 06459-0260
Fax: (860) 685-2801 E-mail: email@example.com
Along with the CSS Profile, an annual income verification for both parents with an English translation is required if applicable. This can be fulfilled with your parents' most recent tax return or certified letter from their employer(s) indicating their annual income. If you are unable to provide either of these documents, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation so that we can determine alternative documentation to provide.