The Station Nightclub Fire in West Warwick, RI (8:02)
VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT, MAY BE EMOTIONALLY DISTURBING
nightclub fire was the fourth deadliest nightclub fire in American history,
killing 100 people. The fire began at 11:07 PM EST, on Thursday, February 20,
2003, at The Station, a glam metal and rock n roll themed nightclub located at
211 Cowesett Avenue in West Warwick, Rhode Island.
The fire was caused by pyrotechnics set off by the tour manager of the evening's headlining band, Great White, which ignited flammable sound insulation foam in the walls and ceilings surrounding the stage. A fast-moving fire engulfed the club in 5½ minutes. Some 230 people were injured and another 132 escaped uninjured. Video footage of the fire shows its initial growth, billowing smoke that quickly made escape impossible, and the exit blockage that further hindered evacuation.
Kitchen Oil Fire (0:41)
The video shows you what to do and what not to do when you have a kitchen oil fire
University of Kent Safety Video (5:59)
This video shows how important it is to be aware of the dangers of Fire.
How to Use a Portable Fire Extinguisher Training Video (2:07)
This video was created by the Fire Equipment Manufacturers' Association to train viewers to learn how to assess a potential fire situation and use a portable fire extinguisher in the event of a fire emergency.
The following videos are from the Michael H. Minger Foundation via YouTube. More information is available from the Michael H. Minger Foundation at www.mingerfoundation.org.
Fire Safety for Students with Hearing Impairments (4:30)
This video outlines some basic fire safety information for students that are deaf or hard of hearing.
Fire Safety for Students with Mobility Disabilities (4:45)
This video outlines some basic fire safety information for students with mobility impairments.
Fire Safety for Students with Vision Impairments (4:04)
This video outlines some basic fire safety information for students with vision impairments.
Fire Safety for Students with Learning Disabilities (4:24)
This video outlines some basic fire safety information for students that have learning disabilities.