Science Lab Safety
As part of the CT Science Safety Network, the Project to Increase Mastery of Mathematics and Science (PIMMS) hosts an annual series of science safety workshops for teachers and administrators.
“The handouts and visuals of actual incidents were most helpful. Very dynamic speaker.” –Katja Pieragostoni, Science Teacher, 8th Grade, Bridgeport
Workshops take place at 51 Green Street, Middletown CT. Our instructor is Dr. Ken Roy of Glastonbury Public Schools. Dr. Roy is an authorized OSHA instructor, science safety consultant for the National Science Teachers Association, and a safety editor and columnist.
You can register online at the CT Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) website under “Training & Education Programs.” Payment is due in advance of the workshop via your school district or at the time of the workshop via personal check or credit card.
*Please note the times of each workshop. Also, each flyer below will have more specifics about the content and the minimum enrollments.
February 4, 2016 - Safety in the Biology Lab
March 3, 2016 - Safety in the Arts
March 17, 2016 - STEM Safety
April 7, 2016 - Snow Day
Workshops sponsored by the CT Science Safety Network in association with the:
- Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency
- Connecticut Science Teachers Association
- Connecticut Science Supervisors Association
- Connecticut State Department of Education
- Connecticut Valley Section of the American Chemical Society
- Project to Increase Mastery of Mathematics and Science of Wesleyan University