Science Lab Safety
PIMMS, as part of the Connecticut Science Safety Network, hosts an annual series of science safety workshops for teachers and administrators. Workshops will now be located at the PIMMS office at 51 Green Street, Middletown. Our instructor is Dr. Ken Roy of Glastonbury Public Schools. Dr. Roy is an authorized OSHA instructor, science safety consultant for the National Science Teachers Association, and a safety editor/columnist.
You can register online at the Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) website under Training & Education Programs.
*Please note the times of each workshop. Also, each flyer below will have more specifics about the content and the minimum enrollments.
September 9, 2013 - Science Lab Safety, Security & Liability
October 21, 2013 - Introduction to Globally Harmonized Systems
January 13, 2014 - OSHA's Chemical Hygiene Plan: The Path to a Safer Science Lab
February 10, 2014 - Chemical Hygiene Officers: Responsibilities & Liabilities
(if this workshop should be postponed due to a snowstorm, it will be rescheduled to
February 24, 2014)
March 10, 2014 - NEW! Science Safety and Liability for Administrators
Workshops sponsored by the CT Science Safety Network in association with the:
- Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency
- Connecticut Science Teachers Association
- Connecticut Science Supervisors Association
- Connecticut State Department of Education
- Connecticut Valley Section of the American Chemical Society
- Project to Increase Mastery of Mathematics and Science of Wesleyan University