MOTOR VEHICLE/PARKING REGULATIONS
The Public Safety Office registers motor vehicles for parking permits, enforces parking regulations, imposes fines for violations and assists anyone who experiences a parking problem on campus. Highlights of the regulations are listed below. More detailed information regarding the regulations may be requested from Public Safety.
- Any motor vehicle that is parked on campus must be registered with the Public Safety Office. Upon registering the vehicle, a parking decal will be provided and must be displayed on the registered vehicle. Unregistered vehicles may be towed or immobilized;
- If an employee sells, transfers or otherwise changes the state registration of any vehicle registered on campus, the change must be reported to Public Safety;
- Between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, vehicles may be parked ONLY in the lot(s) assigned. A violation may result in the vehicle being immobilized. Parking is not permitted in a fire lane, near a yellow curb, in any unpaved area, or in a manner obstructing normal traffic flow. Violators are subject to ticketing, fines and towing;
- Handicapped parking spaces are reserved for individuals with a valid permit to park in designated spaces. Violators are subject to ticketing, fines and towing; and
- Public safety reserves the right to restrict parking during or after normal working hours for special events or during emergencies.