Cardinal Achievement Award Recognition Program
We are pleased to announce a new employee recognition program called the Cardinal Achievement Award. This award will give managers and supervisors the opportunity to recognize members of their staffs who have demonstrated extraordinary initiative in performing a specific task or providing outstanding service to others at a particular time or event. This special award reflects the University’s gratitude for those extra efforts.
GUIDELINES and PROCESS
- Employees are eligible for a $250 recognition award for demonstrating extraordinary initiative in performing a specific work related task or providing outstanding service to others at a particular time or event.
- An employee may be eligible for this award once each calendar year.
- The nomination form below should be completed by the employee’s supervisor and submitted to their cabinet member for approval.
- The nomination form should be forwarded to human resources for processing of the $250 award after the cabinet member has approved the form.
- Human resources will notify the supervisor when the award has been processed. The employee will receive the $250 recognition award in the next available paycheck.
- Human resources will forward a recognition certificate to the supervisor for his/her signature.*
- If possible, the supervisor should present the award to the employee in a public fashion such as a team staff meeting.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The supervisor should wait to notify the employee of the award until receiving the award certificate from human resources.
All award recipients will be mentioned in the Wesleyan Connection.