Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Does the Office for Equity & Inclusion have an events sponsorship fund?
The Office for Equity and Inclusion is dedicated to advancing diversity and full participation in all aspects of college-sponsored curricular and extracurricular activities. The office has a competitive application process to solicit proposals for innovative high impact programs designed to advance equity and inclusion at Wesleyan University. We welcome broad programmatic collaborations with students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Click link to access Funding Request Form
- What types of training workshops are available through the office?
The office develops customized workshops designed to foster effective communication and cultural competence, for students, staff and faculty.
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF:
- Diversifying Faculty Search Committee 101
- Effective Practices on Diversifying Faculty
- Building an Inclusive Classroom
- Harassment and Discrimination Prevention (Title VII / Title IX) for Faculty and Staff
- Does the office hire students?
Yes, the office manages the Dwight Greene Internships which employs one student to participate in the Dwight Greene Internship for Diversity & Community Engagement. Depending on funds, we also hire student interns for special projects such as the Dwight Greene Oral History Project.