CFA Lab in Art Workshops
The CFA Media Lab, located in the Drawing Workshop across from the Zilkha Gallery, is a well-equipped computer lab armed with media-centered technology you won’t find anywhere else on campus. While it is particularly appealing to the arts community due to its wide range of specialty equipment, the CFA lab is open to the entire Wesleyan body.
|Number of Computers||11|
|Data Projector and Screen||Yes|
- One of the best color printers you’ll find anywhere — a Xerox Phaser 7750DN Color Laser Printer.
- Three state-of-the-art audio and video editing rooms — whether you’re working on a film project, a musical excursion, or any other endeavor in the realm of sight and sound, these facilities are bound to prove critical.
- A full-sized plotter — if you’ve ever wondered what machine makes those large banners you see hanging in the dining halls, or anywhere else around campus, they likely found their origin here.
- A beautiful vinyl to compact disc dubber — if you lack a turntable, or simply want to preserve a rare vinyl cut in digital form, this machine will serve as a welcome boon.
- A color slide scanner—perfect for sharing those photography projects with your friends and family, without them having to hold tiny squares up to a light.
Each one of our editing rooms is sound-proofed and air-conditioned. The video editing rooms include speakers, dubbing racks, audio mixers, VCRs, DVD players, computers and analog televisions. Our audio editing room includes the vinyl-to-CD converter, a high-end microphone, and a MIDI keyboard. All three rooms contain a Mac.
Each of the CFA lab's consultants are specially trained in A/V systems and multimedia applications. If we don’t have an answer ready for your question, we’ll figure one out for you.