Printer Install Instructions Sheet:
PLEASE USE AN ETHERNET CORD (blue cable) FOR ALL PRINTER INSTALLATIONS. DO NOT USE WIRELESS.
1. First and foremost check your operating system. To do this click the apple symbol in the upper left hand corner of the screen, then click About this Mac.
2. The next step is downloading and installing the correct driver for your printer. Click here to see a chart of models and drivers to download. Locate your department in the table to find your model. You can download drivers directly from the Ricoh site. Remember to make sure you are downloading the driver for your operating system.
3. Once the driver is downloaded double-click the file to mount the installer, and then run the PPD Installer. The installation itself is pretty straightforward, simply click continue, agree, and Macintosh HD buttons as needed. You will need to type in your computer (not your email) password in order to install.
This is as far as you can go until the printer is physically installed and setup in your department.
4. After the driver is installed click on the apple symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and then click system preferences. You can also use the gear symbol on your dock if you have one.
5. If your window looks like the one below click the Print & Fax button. If not Click the Show All button in the upper left-hand corner of the window.
6. Now click the + symbol (it is fairly hard to see) to begin the steps to add the printer.
7. First click the IP button on the top of the menu (shown below with a red arrow), and then select Line Printer Daemon (LPD) from the protocol drop down menu. Now you have to locate the name of your printer. This tableshould give you which printer name to use. Look through the table to find your department and the location of the printer. Then copy the entry in theHost Name of Printer Column. Copy the printer name exactly as listed. For example, if you are in the Mathematics department, you need to type Math-mfp.math.wesleyan.edu.
8. Next name your printer, be sure to mention if it is black and white or color. If you have other Ricoh printers that you may be printing to, be sure to mention where the printer is.
9. Now click the drop down menu next to the words Print Using and click Select a Driver to Use. Then type in the model number of your printer in the search window (blue arrow). To find which model you should use click here. Finally click the add button in the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
10. A new window will now pop up asking for installable options. Please ask your AA for details on the installable options for your specific machine. If you only need to print, copy, and scan and do not need any advanced features such as stapling, please wait until later to add these options.
11. You are ready to print. Remember if you are using a user code enabled printer (like MB&B and Biology) you will need to type in your user code every time you print color, or set your mode to black and white under printer features. The user code box can be found under job log in the printer options.