Wesleyan has entered into an agreement with AT&T to provide video services to common area televisions throughout the campus as well as data services to the woodframe houses. Students may elect to have video packages from AT&T in their rooms and residences as well. AT&T's system is called U-verse. There are multiple programming options that include High Definition. The AT&T U-Verse site has information about channel line-ups and programming options. (When prompted for a zip code, enter 06459)
Order Television Service
To order U-verse television service, call the AT&T call center at 866-299-6824 8:00 AM to 8:00PM Central Time Monday-Friday and 8:00AM - 4:00PM Central Time on Saturday. You may also go online to http://www.att.com/uverse. Note that to place your order for service online, you will need the exact street address of your residence. Click here to look up the street address for your residence.
Installations occur on certain days depending on your exact address. Check here for the days that installation is available at your residence.
Students do not need to bring a television to campus to take advantage of this service. If you prefer, you may watch the TV channels on your laptop. If your computer is not already equipped with a TV tuner card, you may purchase one through Cardinal Technology Center. The set top box provides a connection directly to the laptop's tuner card. You will need to have the equipment at time of installation.
For specific questions about AT&T service, call 860-685-4499 and speak to Marie Bosson.
End of the Year Procedures for Returning Equipment to AT&T
- Call 1 800 288 2020 to disconnect your account.
- You will need your BAN, order number and equipment to return the equipment.
- All equipment needs to be returned within 21 days of the disconnect date or the account will reflect unreturned equipment charges.
- Return the remotes, cords, set top boxes and residential gateways.
- You may drop equipment off at the UPS representative on campus in ESC. UPS will be on campus from reading period through graduation in Exley Science Center. At that time, the representative will provide a copy of the shipping order receipt and will then follow up via mail with the receipt that contains a tracking number. Make sure to provide your home mailing address. When you bring your equipment you MUST HAVE the BAN#(Billing Account Number) and OMS#(Order Number) that is given to you when you call to disconnect the service.
- UPS will provide a receipt and tracking number if you bring the equipment to a UPS store, or a copy of the shipping order receipt if you bring it to the UPS representative on campus.
Service and Support
Support for television and internet services is handled differently.
To Get Support for U-verse Television Service:
U-Verse technical web site: http://helpme.att.net - Pick option 3
This will bring you to the U-verse self support site. Troubleshoot U-verse issues by typing in the subject matter in question.
For live 24 X 7 support call 1-800-288-2020 and say "U-Verse tech support"
To Get Support for U-verse Internet Service:
Call the help desk at x4000 to report a problem.
If the help desk is closed, email email@example.com. Please provide complete information regarding your address, location within the house, and if the problem is wired, wireless or both.
Wesleyan ITS is the point of contact for U-Verse Internet service issues. If a service call needs to be placed to AT&T, ITS will place the call.
For problems with billing statements, call 860-685-4499.