Event Audio/Visual Support
Need help determining which type of support you need?If you want audio or video recording for internal or archival use, you may now make that request when you reserve a room through the EMS room selection system. Typical requests include lectures, performances, job candidate talks, conferences, film-screenings, panel discussions, debates and special events. Services are provided mostly by student workers and may be subject to a fee (which covers student wages).
Note that requests must be made at least 5 business days in advance of the event or activity. If you are requesting support for events/spaces that are not booked using the Events Management System, or if you have questions, please call x4959 or write to Brent Morgan at email@example.com.
Requests for Wesleyan video programming that will be distributed through public channels such as the University website, YouTube, and social media may be submitted to Melissa Datre, firstname.lastname@example.org, who will work with you to develop a creative brief. Typically, these projects include multi-camera/multi-location set-ups, complex editing and motion graphics. We prioritize projects according to their alignment with the University’s communications goals and their potential impact. Services are performed by university staff at no cost to you. Please allow at least three weeks lead time before a video crew is needed.
For more on Web & Video production services please visit: http://www.wesleyan.edu/its/services/videoproduction/index.html
Event Support Request Process and Policy
- We strictly enforce a 5 business days advance request period, so if you need setup or event assistance, please request it through Wesleyan Events & Conferences as early as you can. You must request support even for setup assistance (e.g., setting up microphones). Many of the larger rooms have microphones in them (e.g., a wireless lapel mic), and you can ask for training on how to use the room mic and AV equipment.
- Video support requests must also be made 5 business days in advance via the Video Request form (https://wesleyanedu.service-now.com/ess/order_services.do).
- However, since we need to limit the number of events we support, even an early request is no guarantee that your event will be supported. We will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm or deny support coverage of your event.
- Our business hours will be held to 7:30 am-11 pm. Our student staff will not be asked to stay beyond 11 pm. If your event ends after 11 pm, it will be incumbent on you to lock up the equipment so that ITS can return in the morning to retrieve it.
- Staff (students or full-time) will not respond to support calls after 11 pm, nor will full-time staff answer the IMS/Classroom support line after 11 pm or come to campus after 11pm.
Audio visual support is available for events like lectures, dances, film-screenings, and debates. The service includes providing and setting up needed equipment such as projectors, screens, microphones, speakers, mixing boards. In addition, our techs are available to set up and break down events, as well as to stay for their duration to ensure that your event runs smoothly.
All Event Support requests must be made 5 days in advance using the Event Management System (EMS) available through portfolio or by calling Wesleyan Events and Conferences at 860.685.2280 or by emailing email@example.com.
All recording, live-broadcasting and A/V support requests must be made through the Room Request System (Virtual EMS) located in your electronic portfolio and should be arranged at least 5 business days before the event. Please send all questions regarding Virtual EMS (Room Request) to firstname.lastname@example.org.