Instructions for Connecting to wesstudent and wesfacstaff on a Windows 8 PC
Open Network and Sharing Center:
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)You can also press the Windows logo key +S, or press the Windows logo key and start typing to open Search.
2. Search for Network
3. Open the Network and Sharing Center by clicking on Network and Sharing Center in the search results.
Create a New Network Connection:
4. Click Connect to a Network.
5. Click Connect to a Wireless Network.
6. The network name is wesstudent if you’re a student and wesfacstaff if you are a faculty member or staff member. The security type is WPA2-Enterprise. The encryption type is AES.
7. Click Next.
Edit the Connection to Support the Wesleyan Network
8. Click change connection settings on the next window that appears.
9. In the Connection tab of the window that appears, make sure the checkbox titled Connect automatically when this network is in range is checked.
10. Click on the Security tab.
11. Click the settings button in the middle of the window.
12. In the Trusted Root Certification Authorities box, check the boxes next to the two entries that are both listed as Thawte Premium Server CA. If only one of these entries is listed, check that box only. Also click thawte primary root CA.
13. In the area titled Select Authentication Method, click Configure…
14. Uncheck the box titled Automatically use my Windows logon name and password and click OK.
15. Click OK to exit the trusted root window.
16. Click Advanced Settings on the network properties page with the Connection and Security tab.
17. Check the box titled Specify Authentication Mode on the Advanced Settings window.
18. Select User authentication from the dropdown menu.
19. Click Save Credentials.
20. In the first textbox that appears, enter your Wesleyan username (without the @wesleyan.edu). In the bottom textbox, enter your Wesleyan password.
21. Click OK.
22. Click OK on all other windows to exit the settings.23. You should now be connected to the wesstudent network.