Wesleyan Wireless Network FAQ
Access instructions for alumni are available at the "Alumni Help Desk": http://wesconnect.wesleyan.edu/support
- Who has accounts to use the Wesleyan wireless network?
All current students, faculty, and staff have accounts which can be used to log in to the Airwes network.
- Can guests use the wireless network?
Yes. Guests can register for access to the Wes-Guest network using these instructions.
- Do I need to login just to use e-mail?
Yes. All wireless network services require logging in.
- How do I get help if I am having difficultly logging in?
You can open a support request via service.wesleyan.edu. Alternatively, students may call the Help Desk at x4000. Faculty and staff should contact their Desktop Support Specialist.
- Is my connection to the Wesleyan wireless connection secure?
Wesleyan uses WPA2 Enterprise encryption on the Airwes network. There is no encryption offered on Wes-Guest.
- What standards does the Wesleyan wireless network support?
The Wesleyan wireless network supports 802.11b/g/n and 802.11ac
- Where on campus is wireless connectivity available?
Wireless on Wesleyan's campus is fairly complete. All buildings and identified mass outside gathering outside areas have been fully covered. If you wish to report an area that has a low signal please submit a request via service.wesleyan.edu.