Welcome to the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
Spring Events: (click here for more events and details)
Talk: Every Building on the Sunset Strip by Ed Ruscha
Monday, May 11, 2015, 4:15 pm -- Develin Room, 2nd floor Olin Memorial Library, 252 Church Street
Join us for a rare showing of Ed Ruscha’s iconic photo book, Every Building on the Sunset Strip (1966, second printing 1971), extended to its full 27 foot length. Alexa Burzinski ’15, who wrote her senior thesis about Ruscha’s work, will introduce this landmark of photographic Pop Art.
Looking for a unique gift for a special person in your life: Adopt a Book!
The library newsletter Check It Out has an exciting new look! Email email@example.com if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
Looking for ways to support the library? Join the Friends! And you might be particularly interested in sponsoring one or more of the following focus points for the spring:
- the conservation of rare books through the Adopt a Book Program,
- addition to an archival collection of oral histories of retired Wesleyan faculty
- a creative fellowship program for students for research in Special Collections & Archives.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Click here to see a listing of Friends events from Fall 2014 (David Rabban '71's Constitution Day lecture. Annual Book Sale, lecture and exhibit by book artist Angela Lorenz)
About the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
The Friends of the Wesleyan Library is a community of readers dedicated to celebrating and enjoying books of all kinds from vellum bound manuscripts to humble paperbacks to the latest digital innovation. The Friends raise funds to support the library's important work and activities including:
- Lectures, workshops, symposia, and exhibitions
- Consitution Day speakers
- The Adaptation Series - a collaboration with Wesleyan's Center for Film Studies
- Exhibitions in collaboration with the Davison Art Center and Center for the Arts
- Upcoming and Past Events
- Cataloging of hidden (currently inaccessible) collections
- Special preservation projects
- Publication of Check-it-Out, the library newsletter
Benefits of membership in the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
In addition to the satisfaction that comes from supporting the vital services of the library, members of the Friends of the Wesleyan Library also enjoy the following special privileges:
- Invitations to Friends-sponsored events
- Free special borrower privileges at the Wesleyan library
- Check It Out – published three times each year
The Friends of the Wesleyan Library offer six levels of annual membership.