Welcome to the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
We had an exciting fall event schedule. Come back in a few months to view our spring schedule!
Friday, September 16, 2016 -- Constitution Day Lecture by Middletown Mayor Dan Drew -- "Are We Better Than Our Predecessors? Toward a New Era of Progress" -- 5:30 pm -- Smith Reading Room, Olin Memorial Library
Friday, October 28, 2016 -- Talk by photographer Nancy Ottmann Albert (MALS '94) on her exhibit "Documents in Black and White" -- 7:00 pm -- Develin Room, Ooin Memorial Library
Saturday, October 29, 2016 -- Annual Book Sale -- during Wesleyan's Family Weekend -- 10 am-4 pm -- Olin Memorial Library Lobby.
Saturday, November 5, 2016 -- New York City Grolier Exhibit and Print Fair Tour. Organized by the Friends of the Davison Art Center and the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 -- “Policing the Planet: Why the Policing Crisis Led to Black Lives Matter” -- A talk and book signing by co-editors Jordan T. Camp and Christina Heatherton -- 4:30-6:00 pm -- Smith Reading Room, 1st floor Olin Library
- Documents in Black and White -- October 5 - December 16, 2016, during library hours ▪ Special Collections & Archives exhibit cases - Photographs selected by the artist from the Nancy Ottmann Albert Collection, spanning the thirty years she spent documenting New England’s built environment.
Click here for more details about Friends events.
To support the in-depth resources that the library provides for campus research and creative projects, please join the Friends!
If you, too, are passionate about research, learning, and books, you may want to sponsor a special projects, such as
- the conservation of rare books through the Adopt a Book Program
- digitization of highly used archival collections
- addition to an archival collection of oral histories of retired Wesleyan faculty
- a creative fellowship program for students for research in Special Collections & Archives.
Looking for other unique gifts or to honor or thank a special person? Additional ways to support the library in your gift giving include the Adopt a Book Program and gift memberships. Both are tax deductible. Thank you for generous support!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to volunteer, or to receive a print copy of the library newsletter.
About the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
The Friends of the Wesleyan Library is a community of readers dedicated to celebrating and enjoying books of all kinds from vellum bound manuscripts to humble paperbacks to the latest digital innovation. The Friends raise funds to support the library's important work and activities including:
- Lectures, workshops, symposia, and exhibitions
- Consitution Day speakers
- The Adaptation Series - a collaboration with Wesleyan's Center for Film Studies
- Exhibitions in collaboration with the Davison Art Center and Center for the Arts
- Upcoming and Past Events
- Cataloging of hidden (currently inaccessible) collections
- Special preservation projects
- Publication of Check-it-Out, the library newsletter
Benefits of membership in the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
In addition to the satisfaction that comes from supporting the vital services of the library, members of the Friends of the Wesleyan Library also enjoy the following special privileges:
- Invitations to Friends-sponsored events
- Free special borrower privileges at the Wesleyan library
- Check It Out – published three times each year
The Friends of the Wesleyan Library offer six levels of annual membership.