Wesleyan University Library Mission
The mission of the Library is to provide the information services and resources required to support the learning, teaching and research of the Wesleyan community. To carry out this mission the library will:
- Organize and provide intellectual and physical access to collections and information resources locally and world-wide.
- Develop and preserve local collections
- Teach and guide users in the library research process.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to study, research, and learning.
- Contributing to the larger scholarly world.
As we work together to fulfill our mission we will uphold these values:
- Provide excellent service to all users
- Respond to changing user needs
- Respect individual library users' privacy
- Embrace change
- Be flexible
- Take a creative approach to our jobs
- Take risks individually and as a group to improve the library
- Strive for excellence
- Practice personal responsibility
- Use university resources responsibly
- Encourage professional development
- Adhere to professional standards Make best optimal use of our individual expertise and potentials
In pursuit of these values we will treat each other with respect, courtesy, honesty, and patience while maintaining a sense of humor.