GLS Housing - Summer 2015
Wesleyan University offers housing to Graduate Liberal Studies students during summer term. Housing may or may not be available at other times of the year. Students needing to make fall or spring housing arrangements are encouraged to visit the Wesleyan classifieds, which often contains private but reputable housing listings, or speak with a GLS student services representative.
Housing is limited, and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Students interested in housing should carefully read a sample Housing Contract to be sure they are able to comply with campus housing expectations. Students wishing to take advantage of housing should fill out the Summer 2015 GLS Housing Form, or contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once housing assignments have been determined, the student will receive a contract in the mail to sign and remit with payment.
Students who take advantage of housing can expect a comfortable single room in an air-conditioned house that has shared kitchen and bath facilities, as well as an easy walk to classrooms, the library, the athletic center and downtown Middletown. Housing accommodations include the following amenities:
- Kitchen facility equipped with a stove, oven, refrigerator, sink, table and chairs
- Students must bring their own pots, pans, dishes, and utensils
- Common living room with couch, chairs, and coffee table
- Students may bring a television and/or radio if they choose
- Shared bathrooms
- Utilities Include: WiFi, AC, Electricity, Water
- The ITS web site has information on configuring your personal computer or laptop to use the data ports in the residence. For additional help, contact the ITS helpdesk at 860-685-4000. The Wesleyan computer store will configure your system to use the data ports for a service fee; call 860-685-3907 for more information.
- Private bedrooms with full-size bed, desk, chair, bookshelf, and dresser
- Students may wish to consult the undergraduate packing list recommendations for items to bring.
- Rooms are sparsely furnished; please check the packing list recommendations provided by the University for items that will make your stay comfortable.
- Bring your own cell phone or land-line telephone.
- Pets are not allowed in campus housing.
- If any pets are found on the premises, the owner will be required to remove the animal immediately and will be charged a fine by the University each time the pet is found on the premises.
- GLS housing is not suitable for families, and children are not permitted to live in GLS housing.
- Please contact your insurance company to make sure that your belongings are insured in the case of an accident.
- Pots, pans, and other household items are readily found in Middletown at the Goodwill and on the Wesleyan Classifieds.
- Wesleyan University is committed to making its educational programs and facilities accessible to people with disabilities. Students with a documented disability that requires accommodation should notify the Office of Disabilities Services as soon as possible by submitting the Disabilities Services Notification Form. Information about requesting housing, academic and other accommodations is available at the office's website, or you may write to Laura Patey, Associate Dean for Academic Resources, at email@example.com
The cost for summer housing is $30/day and available in seven-day increments. Day-rate housing requests will only be considered if a) the request is contiguous to a seven-day request, or b) the student will only stay on campus once during the summer, and there is space available. Students have the option to add days to week-long rentals (before or after), but not to move in and out of housing if less than one week has passed.