Graduate Application Process
No specific courses are required for admission, but it is expected that the equivalent of an undergraduate major in mathematics or in computer science with a strong emphasis in mathematics will have been completed. The complete application consists of the application form, transcripts of all previous academic work at or beyond the undergraduate level, letters of recommendation from three college instructors familiar with the applicant's ability and performance, and GRE scores (if available--these are strongly recommended but not required). Students whose native language is not English should provide TOEFL scores. There is no application fee. Applications should be submitted by February 15 in order to receive full consideration, but requests for admission from outstanding candidates are welcome at any time. Preference is given to applicants for the Ph. D. program. A visit to campus is strongly recommended for its value in determining the suitability of the program for the applicant.
Please complete the following on-line application form:
In addition to the on-line application form, please submit the following supplemental materials to the Graduate Admissions Committee.
- Graduate application essay. If you did not upload your essay with your application it may be submitted via e-mail to Caryn Canalia or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three letters of recommendation. Please be sure your letter writers' email addresses are corrrect as they will be automatically prompted to email us their letters upon submission of your application.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. For GRE score reporting, Wesleyan University's Institution code is 3959. The Mathematics department code is 0703.
- TOEFL scores, if you are an international prospective student.
- Official transcript(s) for undergraduate and/or graduate studies.
Further inquires may be sent to the same address or to the Main Office.