The Wesleyan McNair Scholars Program serves students in their second, third, and fourth college semesters. It provides various activities, workspace, peer networks, and mentors to help prepare the students to become McNair Fellows in later academic years.
McNair Scholar activities include:
- Meetings with McNair staff covering topics including:
- Time management
- Financial management
- How to choose a research project and mentor
- Preparation to conduct research
- Progress through the college major
- How to write a statement of academic purpose
- Fall McNair research talks by Wesleyan faculty
- Spring McNair research talks by senior Fellows
- End of semester off-campus event
McNair Scholars can apply for funds to allow research hours to count toward their work-study allotment.