Graduate Application Information
Requirements: an undergraduate music major or its equivalent is required of all applicants to the M.A. program; an M.A. in ethnomusicology or its equivalent for the Ph.D. program. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of transcripts, application essays, letters of reference, writing samples, and an audio or video tape of performances where appropriate. A personal interview (prior to December 15) and GRE scores (general) are highly recommended but not required. Candidates for whom English is not the first language must take TOEFL prior to admission to the program.
To go to the online application please click here: Music Department Graduate Application.
Please be sure to review all the supplemental materials needed to complete your application to the Music graduate program. There are no spring semester admissions.
Our graduate deadline is January 15, 2015.
Upload the following supplemental materials to your application:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores Note: For GRE score reporting: Wesleyan University’s Institution code is 3959. The Department code is 2404.
- TOEFL scores; if you are an international prospective student
- Official transcript(s) for undergraduate and/or graduate studies
- Writing sample, cd’s, scores
There is an $85 nonrefundable application fee that can be submitted electronically (see the Graduate Application)
Further inquiries can be sent to:
Deborah Shore, Administrative Assistant
Wesleyan University Music Department
Office of Graduate Student Services
265 Exley Science Center
Middletown, CT 06459
Cheryl Hagner, Director